[Cfp-interest 1332] AI about CFP compendium

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 18 15:15:01 PDT 2019

Action item:
>     Jim: Investigate creating our own CFP compendium.

What is a suitable process for maintaining CFP CRs now?

First note that most parts of TS 18661 have been, or are being, incorporated into the C2X draft. These include: P1, P2, P3-as-annex, P4a. There will be no new TS CRs against these parts.

TS parts not expected to be included in C2X are P4b (reduction functions) and P5d (alternate exception handling pragma). WG 14 did not approve P5abc for C2X, though CFP is considering re-proposing these parts. There are currently no CR/DRs against any of these parts.

A revised TS, based on C2X, is planned for the current TR parts that do not get included in C2X. This revised TS might also include functions for IEEE 754-2019’s recommended augmented arithmetic operations. The revised TS will be relatively small, including just functions and pragmas, so might be a single document in annex style. A base document for the revised TS could be written fairly soon, and completed along with C2X. Any clarification or change requests would refer to the revised TS working draft and would not be handled through a CR process.

Any clarification/change requests that appear from now until the revised TS base document is available could be presented as N-papers. CFP could maintain a "compendium" list of any such papers, along with discussion comments, for consideration/inclusion in the revised TS.

I think all this argues that we don’t need a special formalized process for CFP CRs at this time, not until the revised TS is published.