[Cfp-interest 1379] parameter tables for TS 3 formats

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 20 09:15:23 PDT 2019

In reviewing the integration of http://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/n2405.pdf <http://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/n2405.pdf> (TS 3 as annex) into C2X, I noticed that the tables of parameters for interchange and extended formats are taken essentially from IEC 60559 and don’t fit in the C context. Two particular problems are: (1) emax is different in the C and IEC 60559 models; and (2) the encoding parameters in the table for interchange formats has terms that are not defined in C. Below is a suggestion for how we might change the tables. It also includes a couple of changes suggested by Jens. We’ll talk about this at the CFP meeting tomorrow.

http://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/parameter_tables_for_Annex_N-20190820.pdf <http://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/parameter_tables_for_Annex_N-20190820.pdf>