[Cfp-interest 1296] isnoralized()

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Sun Apr 28 00:35:14 PDT 2019

I believe that we might need to add a isnormalized() classification macro to 7.12.3.
Of the many members of the same quantum for decimal FP numbers, only one is
normalized.  The IBM S/360 hex format has un-normalized numbers (as well as
normalized one).  And double-double has both normalized and non-normalized
finite normal numbers.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.