[Cfp-interest 1282] AI about no wide string versions of strfrom functions

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 21 09:42:02 PDT 2019

Action item:
>     Jim: Propose a footnote to describe why there are no wide string strfrom functions (compose strfrom with wide string conversion functions is sufficient)

The following could be inserted as a paragraph in 7.29.4.1:

[1] The wide string analogs of the functions strfromd, strfromf, etc. (7.22.1.3) are not needed because those conversions can be done by using mbstowcs (7.22.8.1) to convert the result of strfromd, strfromf, etc. to wide string.

I didn’t see a suitable place for it as a footnote.