[Cfp-interest] WG14 IEEE 754-C binding meeting minutes 2018/10/24

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Wed Oct 24 11:32:03 PDT 2018

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:44:43 -0500 Rajan Bhakta wrote:

>    Fred's 10/23 email "Three round nearest modes and FLT_ROUNDS" and

>      Jim: 754 intention is that roundsTiesToZero is not a general
>
>rounding mode.
>
>      Fred: It's not required as a general use. Should we get the spelling
>
>set?
>
>      Jim: No, since no one can since it is reserved.

The C standard has in 7.6.1#8:

  Additional implementation-defined rounding directions, with macro definitions
  beginning with FE_ and an uppercase letter,215) may also be specified by
  the implementation.

So, they are NOT reserved by the standard, but to the implementation.
So, each implementation could have its own spelling.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.