[Cfp-interest] AI about change to totalorder

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 11:14:48 PDT 2018

Action item:

>     Jim: Create a paper/proposal for the loosening of the totalorder* specifications to match 754-201x.

TS 18661-1 (14.8) has a detailed description of the IEC 60559 totalOrder operation according to 754-2008. However, these details do not appear in changes to C. The specification in C for the totalorder and totalordermag functions just refers to IEC 60559, so can automatically acquire the 754-201x changes when IEC 60559 picks them up.

I think it will be sufficient to mention the total order change when we present the changes for 754-201x to WG 14. I don’t think we need an N document to change TS 18661-1, assuming TS 18661-1 is incorporated into C2x.