[Cfp-interest] roundTiesToEven with two odd results

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Mon Jan 8 12:15:03 PST 2018

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 11:44:57 -0800 Jim Thomas wrote:

>Do we need to change anything to stay in sync with 754?

C11, F.5p2 has:
conversion between any supported IEC 60559 format and decimal with
DECIMAL_DIG or fewer significant digits is correctly rounded (honoring the current
 rounding mode),

So, I believe that covers what 60559 requires.
However, I believe it would help to add an example

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.