[Cfp-interest] nextup()

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Mon Aug 27 14:45:57 PDT 2018

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:30:57 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:

>What problem is the suggested addition intended to solve?

Currently, I believe that the standard is ambiguous for the case of
long double being a pair of doubles since it has finite numbers
other than zero, subnormal, and normalized numbers.

It would be nice if we knew what result nextup(1.) is most useful
on such systems.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.