[Cfp-interest] nextup()

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 15:58:21 PDT 2018

> On Aug 19, 2018, at 11:35 AM, Jim Thomas <jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 2, 2018, at 10:21 AM, Fred J. Tydeman <tydeman at tybor.com> wrote:
>>
>> Other necks() questions.
>>
>> Many of the math functions in Annex F in C17, have words like:
>> The returned values are exact and are independent of the current rounding direction mode.
>
> Agreed.

I suggest the following editorial changes.

Append to F.10.8.5 (TS 18661-1), the sentence:

nextup(x) raises no floating-point exceptions if x is not a signaling NaN. The returned value is independent of the current rounding direction mode.

Append to F.10.8.6 (TS 18661-1), the sentence:

nextdown(x) raises no floating-point exceptions if x is not a signaling NaN. The returned value is independent of the current rounding direction mode.

- Jim Thomas