[Cfp-interest] AI: in C, not in 754

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 7 08:40:05 PDT 2016

>                 General: Need to look through our docs to see what is in C but not in IEEE 754.

TS 18661-2 for C has these two functions that don’t corresponding to a 754 operation:

_DecimalN quantumdN(_DecimalN x);
Description

[2] The quantumdN functions compute the quantum (5.2.4.2.2a) of a finite argument. If x is infinite, the result is +∞. If x is NaN, the result is NaN.

Returns

[3] The quantumdN functions return the quantum of x.

long long int llquantexpdN(_Decimal64 x);

Description

[2] The llquantexpdN functions compute the quantum exponent (5.2.4.2.2a) of a finite argument. If x is infinite or NaN, they compute LLONG_MIN and a domain error occurs.

Returns

[3] The llquantexpdN functions return the quantum exponent of x.

Jim