[Cfp-interest] (SC22WG14.13756) CFP Teleconference - Tuesday, August 25

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 25 08:21:44 PDT 2015

Blaine, please see responses to your comments below.
-Jim

> On Aug 25, 2015, at 7:34 AM, Blaine Garst <blaine at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I have a conflict, and will call in late.
>
> The new draft looks good!  (I was in the Greek Islands and my computer was left behind in Schiphol Airport, otherwise I might, just might, have gotten to this sooner)
>
> On the wide evaluation discussion, it would help me to see some examples - particularly cases that can’t be covered.

I don’t understand “that can’t be covered” in this context. Can you say more about what you’re looking for?

> Not sure I understand the suggestion, but if tgmath functions like sin and cos became operators across all the extended floating types, would there be an expectation that they actually computed their answers in that widest precision?

Yes. Just like operators.

> Wouldn’t that require a completely parametric implementation of each in addition to just arguments and results?

I might not be understanding your question, but an implementation that has versions of a math function for all its formats can determine which one to call based on the arguments and evaluation method. The requirements are the same as for operators.