[Cfp-interest] more try/catch precedents

David Hough CFP pcfp at oakapple.net
Sat May 31 06:20:55 PDT 2014

In a quick look I found that matlab, perl, and php also have try/catch.

In Ruby, try/catch/finally looks like begin/rescue/ensure - in other words,
any begin/end block can have rescue clauses attached, no need for a "try"
keyword - and it also has a feature that I didn't notice elsewhere,
an "else" clause that runs after the main block if no exceptions were caught.

And Silverfrost (formerly Salford) Fortran for .NET has a try/catch
extension too, that seems to be like that in Lahey Fortran for .NET