[Cfp-interest] draft of syntax discussion for C committee

David Hough CFP pcfp at oakapple.net
Wed Jun 11 13:49:11 PDT 2014

> User-provided signal handlers for SIGFPE allow for trap-
> and-resume behavior with the same constraint

SIGFPE handlers can can indeed be written that work on a specific hardware/OS
combination... one never knows if they will still work on the next release
of either.    So they are a fine way (and the probable way)
to implement system-level support for application-level alternate
exception handling.    We'd like the interface for the latter to be
fairly permanent and independent of system implementation details.