[Cfp-interest] draft of syntax discussion for C committee

David Hough CFP pcfp at oakapple.net
Tue Jun 10 14:28:21 PDT 2014

> Is there really any truly one pass compiler?

I'm sure that there are some that come as close as they can,
but as you remind us,
there's always forward references that have to be resolved later.
Some extra branching doesn't really matter in a one-pass compiler;
many get optimized away in a typical multipass optimizing compiler.

I'd be happy to quit worrying about one-pass compilers if it's not going
to be a big issue for the C committee.    I agree that it's cleaner to have
the exceptional case after the normal case.