[Cfp-interest] exceptions and flags

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 12:32:02 PDT 2014

So 754-2008 does not explicitly recommendation a means to detect underflow exceptions, but its recommendation that languages provide alternate exception handling entails detecting underflow exceptions. Maybe Part 5 could leave detection of tiny exact underflow cases as a recommended option, which would allow the simpler slower implementation using flags.

-Jim