[Cfp-interest] further thoughts on exception clause syntax

David Hough CFP pcfp at oakapple.net
Tue Jun 3 21:40:05 PDT 2014

> I’m worried about it as an issue for the language specification, not compilers.

I don't see how standard pragmas make this any easier or more palatable.
But will the C committee think so once it figures out that this is just
try/catch in more primitive attire?

> Hmm. Seems like the pragma at the beginning (telling the compiler which exceptions have to be watched) should be sufficient.

Yes, my cut and paste error;
the two-pragma method can be used for one-pass compilers.
But if we're not doing try/catch syntax we might as well do what we need,
and put the catch before the try, with only one pragma needed.