[Cfp-interest] second thoughts on style issue

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 17 09:23:21 PDT 2013

At our April teleconference, regarding the comment:

Clause 10.1, Page 11, Line 7 Punctuation is inconsistent

we decided to recommend:

Use dark round bullets (to avoid confusion with negation), no punctuation.

Looking at C11 I don't see use of such style. More consistent with C11 would be to precede the list with a colon and use no bullets or punctuation. I suggest we recommend:

… with up to H decimal digits, where H is defined as follows:

H   ≥ M + 3

M   = 1+ceiling(p×log10(2))

	p  is the precision of the widest supported IEC 60559 binary format

What do you think?

-Jim