[Cfp-interest] binding for decimal posted

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 15:52:09 PDT 2012

At our July meeting we discussed the fact that whereas Table 1 gives a binding between IEC 60559 and binary FP for C, we have no such binding for decimal FP:
> PDF page 14, paragraph about 6.4.4.2#5: Do we need to add: "Decimal floating-point constants shall be correctly rounded."?
>
> if not already covered - we might want to adapt, or refer to, the operation binding table in Part 1, e.g., The binding of 60559 operations to C decimal operation is analogous to the binding in Part 1 for binary operations, with these exceptions: … REVISIT
>
>  try exceptions approach - ISSUE

I posted a draft to deal with this at  http://wiki.edg.com/twiki/pub/CFP/WebHome/Table_1_reference_for_decimal_binding.pdf. Corrections and comments welcome. (Yesterday I sent the draft in an email message, but it is still being held because it is too long.)

Jim