[Cfp-interest] Two versions of DFP document

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 09:09:30 PDT 2012

Yesterday I talked with John Benito about how to stage the decimal FP content (from the existing TR, fixes to the existing TR, new support for IEC 60559) into documents to present to the C committee. John is ok with - in fact prefers - our bring to the C committee just the one document we've been working on. We don't have to provide the existing TR content in a base document. We don't have to hold off making changes that we agree are needed for IEC 60559 support or are proper fixes to specification we're carrying forward from the TR.

Given this, I suggest we:

1. focus on getting our Part 1 and Part 2 documents ready for the Sep 23 mailing;
2. begin resolving the issues we've been deferring for a later version of our document;
3. drop work on the "base document" (essentially the existing TR) I recently posted.

This will make our way forward easier.

-Jim