[Cfp-interest] updated draft

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Thu Mar 15 09:02:11 PDT 2012

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:54:09 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:

>> Do we need to list <tgmath.h> along with <math.h> for table 2?
>
>What do you think is missing or unclear? <tgmath.h> includes
><math.h> and just adds macro definitions. Footnote 313 is
>explicit about the affect of rounding control pragmas on
><tgmath.h> functions.

I expect the macros in <math.h> to be different from the macros
in <tgmath.h>.  So, it is unclear to me if using a <tgmath.h>
macro gets static rounding direction.

C11's footnote 313 says suppressing a <tgmath.h> macro gets
the corresponding function.  That means no static rounding
direction.

I expect some users would like to use just <tgmath.h> and would
like static rounding applied to math functions.

Different issue.

Should we allow an implementation to apply static rounding to
the <complex.h> functions?  After all, they are math functions.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 358-9748      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.