[Cfp-interest] type-generic math

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 14:13:44 PST 2012

Hmm. The Functions document excludes them but doesn't say why. Does anyone remember? If not, I'll include them for now.

The issue Joel raised is about the difficulty in using the new _Generic mechanism to implement type-generic macros with more than one generic argument. This may be an issue for _Generic, but not for making such functions type-generic. As Fred pointed out, we already have 2 and 3 argument type-generic functions (which have been implemented, though, to my knowledge, without using _Generic).

-Jim