[Cfp-interest] freestanding

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Fri Feb 24 09:44:39 PST 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:33:41 -0800 Jim Thomas wrote:

>A key issue for the first one is avoiding the requirement for freestanding implementations to support <stdlib.h> and <stdio.h>. Below is a draft specification for a new header that provides the character sequence conversion functionality required by IEEE 754. Please look it over and send comments. I'd be particularly interested in hearing from Joel, who first asked for this facility.

You need to add <floatstr.h> to the headers required for freestanding
(4.0 paragraph 6).  Otherwise looks OK.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 358-9748      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.