[Cfp-interest] DFP: Mixed types

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Tue Dec 4 17:54:42 PST 2012

9.4 Usual arithmetic conversions, 11.1 Operators, p. 26 7.12.14#1
Comparison macros
  If generic FP is decimal FP, then it seems like we should allow
"mixed" types for conversions and operations.  For example:

  If FLT_RADIX is not 10 and one operand is a decimal floating type, all
  other operands shall not be generic floating type, complex type, or
  imaginary type:

Unless we want to make sure that the code is portable to
implementations where generic FP is non-decimal FP.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 287-5904      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.