[Cfp-interest] functions - subgroup meeting 20100603 notes

Jim Thomas jwthomas at cup.hp.com
Fri Jun 4 11:14:54 PDT 2010

*** Notes from Functions subgroup meeting 03 June 2010 ***

Present were Mathew Koshy, Fred Tydeman, David Hough, Robert Enenkel,
and Jim Thomas.

We discussed David's proposal for reduction functions, a new proposal
from Robert and Ian for a mask-based classification inquiry,  and all
the issues identified in the working outline posted on the CFP twiki
under Topics/Functions/Attachments.

Robert and Ian will update their proposal, based on subgroup input.

After the meeting, Fred sent email with specific proposals for two
approaches to avoid interface explosion for conversions from floating to
integer types.

I've updated the working outline to incorporate resolutions and
commentary from the meeting, as well as David's proposal and content
from Fred's email.

-Jim