[Cfp-interest] format - subgroup teleconference #3

Jim Thomas jwthomas at cup.hp.com
Thu Jan 28 16:26:58 PST 2010

Format subgroup members,

Could you be available for a Format subgroup teleconference on Thursday,
Feb 4, at 10 am PST / 1 pm EST?

In preparation, I propose an email discussion early next week about the
issue of the type naming scheme. I plan to send an initial email message
about it by Monday. Also welcome early in the week would be a proposal
for functions to handle conversions between floating types and character
sequences. Any takers? Also, if time allows I'll prepare and distribute
a paper summarizing what we've agreed to for a specification for C
support for 754-2008 formats.

Here's a proposed agenda for the teleconference:

    Wrap up the discussion on type names.
    Discuss functions for conversions between floating types and
character sequences.
    Discuss issue of whether to require support for binary128.
    Review specification paper (if available).

-Jim