[Cfp-interest] functions - document updated, issues

Jim Thomas jwthomas at cup.hp.com
Tue Aug 3 17:54:56 PDT 2010

I placed an updated Functions.pdf on the CFP wiki under
Topics/Functions/Attachments, for our subgroup meeting on Thursday.
Compared to the 29 July version, this one has changes for the issue of
fesetexcept implementability for x87 (10.1), a little more about the
inexact exception for the conversion to integer functions (5), and a few
typo corrections.

Note that the draft shows three remaining issues:

1. Is our solution adequate to provide the conversion to integer
functions of 754-2008?

2. Are the 754-2008 math functions consistent with the same and similar
functions in C99?

3. Are the 754-2008 reduction and scaled functions implementable?

-Jim